Report a Concern

The Clay County Highway Department maintains roads, bridges, signs, etc. for the unincorporated areas in which the County has possession and control.

Within a City Limit

To report a concern about a road within city limits, please contact the public works department for that city. Cities in Clay County include Avondale, Birmingham, Claycomo, Excelsior Estates, Excelsior Springs, Gladstone, Glenaire, Holt, Kansas City, Kearney, Lawson, Liberty, Missouri City, Mosby, North Kansas City, Oaks, Oakwood Park, Oakwood, Paradise, Pleasant Valley, Prathersville, Randolph, and Smithville.


To report a road concern for a lettered highway, a numbered highway, or an interstate road, please contact MoDOT.

Neighboring Counties

To report a rural road concern in neighboring counties, please contact the public works department for that county. Neighboring Missouri counties are Clinton County, Jackson County, Platte County, and Ray County.

Unincorporated/Rural Areas of the County

The map shown here is an approximate representation of the Clay County Highway Department's jurisdiction. To report a road or right-of-way concern for a location in rural Clay County, complete the form below. 

Report a Concern to the Clay County Highway Department

  1. For emergency concerns during regular business hours, please contact our office directly at 816-407-3300.

    For emergency concerns during evenings and weekends, please call 911.

  2. Please use one form per request.

    Note: property owners are responsible for installing and maintaining driveways and driveway culverts/tubes.

  3. Location of Concern
  4. Nature of Concern
  5. Contact Information
  6. Leave This Blank:

  7. This field is not part of the form submission.