The Auditor is responsible for the accounting of transactions of the County in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
The Clay County Auditor may perform audits or reviews of any of the Clay County offices or departments. Other significant duties include performing an annual inventory of the County's capital assets.
Additionally, the Auditor's office reviews all accounts payable activities for all funds and verifies compliance with the budget approved by the County Commission.
The Auditor's office verifies activity in the County offices of Collector, Clerk, and Recorder of Deeds-as well as other accounts receivable.
Finally, the Auditor's office assists the County Administrator in the preparation of the annual budget.
Reports by Auditor of Clay County Offices and Department
- 2023 Friends of Clay County CASA, Inc. Financial Statements Audit
- 2023 Transitions Family Visitation Center, Inc. Financial Statements Audit
- 2023 Annual Capital Assets Inventory Review
- 2023 Emergency 911 Communications Fund Review (PDF)
- 2023 Prosecutor Officeholder Change Performance Audit (PDF)
- 2022 Seventh Circuit Court Financial Activity Performance Audit (PDF)
- 2022 Annual Capital Assets Inventory Review (PDF)
- 2022 Timecard Approvals Performance Audit (PDF)
- 2022 Road District Settlements Review (PDF)
- 2021 Assessor Officeholder Change Performance Audit (PDF)
- 2021 Paradise Pointe Golf Complex Review (PDF)
- 2021 Sheriff Officeholder Change Review (PDF)